Friday, January 1, 2010

Begin with '10

OFF TOPIC

I've finally concluded that the shorthand term for 2010 is just ten. Sounds weird as hell but hey, we'll only' have to deal with it for 10 years...

ON TOPIC

So...

I must say I'm pretty anxious to get this year rolling. I have a lot of plans for this year including:

  • recording my next album

  • adding a live drummer to the live set

  • summer regional tour

  • finalizing the fairy concept album (story and songs)



But these plans are going to take a lot of discipline and I must rid myself of a lot of distractions. Which is why my main two New Year's Resolutions are try to be and remain positive and no more dating. Men are my second highest distraction, with music being the highest, and I need to stop compromising my time. Instead I need to use this time to get back into shape and take care of me. The end of '09 was a huge wake up call for me in health related issues and I hastily need to make some changes to improve my quality of life. Plus I've been slacking on networking, promotion, and just contacting necessary press to help get the word out. It's like a never ending resume and cover letter.

...I really, really hate writing those...

But...

I must do them, cause no one will do it for me.


You all should check out my friend Michael's project Marthasville, for I've found myself acting as a semi-producer for some of his tunes. They are still demos but something is definitely there.

I'm also playing at Cranky Yellow on the 23rd of this month as well as playing in KDHX's Live in St. Louis 2010 in early March on the Space Parlour show.

More shows soon...

Here's to you all having a great 2010.

~Syrhea

No comments:

Post a Comment